Re: [askdba] Re: How to tune tables for inserts and Updates?

From: Chirag DBA <ChiragDBA_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Oct 2004 11:47:59 +0530

Hi,

I have one question here.

I have a database with 60 tables and out of that 19 are for transaction and others will be populated with the help of nightly pumps.

there are 17 indexes which are PK and FK, n others are required to create as per the requirement like Creating an index on Foreign key n some on the basis of search criteria n all. I think it may go upto 30 indexes.

Environment will be HP - UX 11i and 9iR2. I m expecting 5000 transaction so I think 7 transactions in 2 minutes.

Can this lead to any Performance problem ? I m very confident but the concrns from the client made me think again.

I think this is a very small DB compare to other Databases.

I have a plan for Block level tuning at a time of DB creation like small block size, n pctfree, pctused, freelists and all are ok.

Or else I may put it in MTS too.

No Querry is too big as I have tried to each entity in a different table which has reduced my data redundancy n to merge the keys I have Transaction tables which are very few.

can any one see any performance issue?