RE: Oracle on Windoze

From: Stevens, Ed <ED.STEVENS_at_NMM.NISSAN-USA.COM>
Date: Fri, 1 Oct 2004 13:04:17 -0500

Apparently, regardless of what you've been told, this was *not* the account used to install Oracle. Or else someone has messed with it. You need to be a member of the local group ORA_DBA. Also, you need to have the environment variable or registry string value ORACLE_SID set to the value of the sid to which you want to connect, but lacking that will throw a different error.

Ed Stevens