Re: oracle block size = file system buffer size

From: Joe Armstrong-Champ <joseph.armstrong-champ_at_tufts.edu>
Date: Fri, 01 Oct 2004 08:58:48 -0400

Mark,

I actually got the info from Steve's site. I was just wondering what other people thought about this. I was thinking of increasing the block size on our indexes because I had also heard that this could reduce IO by flattening out the indexes. Sounds like keeping the block size equal to the file system buffer size outweighs the potentail advantages gained by the larger index block size.

Thanks.
Joe