RE: foreign key constraint and the index_name in user_constraint table

From: Lex de Haan <lex.de.haan_at_naturaljoin.nl>
Date: Fri, 1 Oct 2004 09:38:13 +0200

maybe I don't understand your question, but ... the index has nothing to do with the constraint -- that's why you don't see the index name associated with the constraint in the data dictionary.
indexes are only relevant to guard primary key and unique constraints ... now, whether or not your index is *used* in some cases is a different story. you will need tu use diagnostic tools to check for index usage.

Kind regards,
Lex.

visit http://www.naturaljoin.nl

skype me <callto://lexdehaan>