Re: Oracle-->SQL Server Data transfer

From: Jared Still <jkstill_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2004 09:05:49 -0700

On Thu, 30 Sep 2004 09:22:58 -0400, Goulet, Dick <dgoulet_at_vicr.com> wrote:
> OH MY GOD!! Someone get out the red paint & mark the wall!! *-)
>
> Dick Goulet
> Senior Oracle DBA
> Oracle Certified 8i DBA

Yeah, yeah, yeah. :)

I've never railed against PL/SQL, I'm quite fond of it. It just isn't always the right tool for the job.

e.g. create a multisheet Excel workbook with auditing information for Sarbanes Oxley, with highlighting of suspect privileges, frozen panes,etc.

Read in database information via DBI, and read in security information from other Excel files via Spreadsheet::ParseExcel.

Not too difficult in Perl, not possible in PL/SQL.

Just use the right tool for the job.

Jared

--
Jared Still