Re: What are the implications of having several instances on a server sharing the oracle home?

From: Juan Carlos Reyes Pacheco <jreyes_at_dazasoftware.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2004 15:30:45 -0400

Using Oracle 9 once I have more than 8 database in the same server pentium IV 512 memory (big pagefile sys).
obviously it was for test.

Our customer, some of them has from 2 to 5 databases in the same server
(real server), in production,

our system is small obviously, but not too small between 5 to 200 simulatenous processes.

I never saw a problem, not if in the same server you use 9i and 10g
(different homes), no idea, but there is a posibility all will work ok.

Juan Carlos Reyes Pacheco
OCP