missing java classes with xsql

From: Jeroen van Sluisdam <jeroen.van.sluisdam_at_vrijuit.nl>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2004 08:01:32 +0200

Hi

Developers are facing an issue where java/jdbc installation is probably causing troubles
Oracle supported is looking into jdbc issues, I had to install new jdbc 1.4 version
I was on 1.2 JDBC which comes together with 9.2.0.4 database version. JDBC 1.4 is not sofar solving the problem. We are facing serious deadlines and hopefully somebody can shed some light on this.

$ xsql jeroen4.xsql

Oracle XDK Java 9.2.0.6.0 Production XSQL-017: Unexpected Error Occurred
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: java/sql/Clob

$ cat jeroen4.xsql

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<xsql:query connection="cbs" xmlns:xsql="urn:oracle-xsql">   select id, msg from cbs_msg_in
</xsql:query>

SQL> desc cbs_msg_in

 ID                                                 NUMBER
 MSG                                                CLOB

Tnx,

Jeroen