RE: Temp segment Pctincrease 1

From: Mercadante, Thomas F <thomas.mercadante_at_labor.state.ny.us>
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2004 08:03:29 -0400

Rivaldi,

I agree with everything Mark said. But to answer your question, there is no equivalent command because TEMP tablespaces are now untouchable by us mere DBA mortals.

Create a TEMP tablespace type 'temporary' as Mark said. Make it big enough for your system and then forget about it.

CREATE
    TEMPORARY TABLESPACE TEMP TEMPFILE '/dba/u0004/UIBP/temp/temp_01.dbf' SIZE 1000M REUSE
    AUTOEXTEND ON NEXT 100M MAXSIZE 1000M     EXTENT MANAGEMENT LOCAL UNIFORM SIZE 1024K; ALTER DATABASE DEFAULT TEMPORARY TABLESPACE TEMP; Good Luck!

Tom Mercadante
Oracle Certified Professional