RMAN performance problems

From: Randy Samberg <Randy.Samberg_at_palmsource.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2004 10:23:02 -0700

I was wondering if anyone can give me some suggestions on an RMAN = performance problem we are having. Every time our RMAN backups run, we = have performance problems with slow logins to one of our databases, = which lasts approximately 1 to 4 minutes. Due to the fact that the = problem, and the recovery from the problem happens so quickly, it is = difficult to pin down. I would appreciate any suggestions on how to = capture this problem in such a short time. Has anyone experienced = performance problems when RMAN backups run?

Thank you,
Randy