Re: 9i poll on spfile feature

From: Nuno Souto <nsouto_at_bizmail.com.au>
Date: Sun, 26 Sep 2004 14:56:33 +1000

Only because Oracle in their (lack of) wisdom have stopped you from doing so.
There is no technical reason whatsoever why a text file can't be used for this as
opposed to a binary file. It's Oracle's way of "forcing" people to use a feature that was not asked for in the first place.
Cheers
Nuno Souto
nsouto_at_bizmail.com.au