Re: PL/SQL pretty-print

From: mhthomas <qnxodba_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2004 19:39:28 -0400

Hi,

I use Formatter Plus (FP) from Quest most of the time. It comes built-in (via menu) with versions of SQL-Navigator and Toad. I've tried Slick-Edit but its not as good formatting. I wonder if the latest JDeveloper formats pl/sql?

The FP stand-alone version has some extra capabilities to check out. I think you get the stand-alone along with Nav and Toad. You have to be willing to create a FP project using the IDE, and it will format multiple files at once. Plus, projects have code review.

The unique feature I like is the 'code-review'. Its fun to do a code-review on someone else's code. ;-) And, there are other options, like metrics on DML, etc.

There are some minor quirks, but FP does a good job on most stuff. It takes a while but Quest eventually fixes bugs. I've experienced bugs formatting a few analytical queries, some complex db-link syntax (two @'s) and others.

HTH Regards,

Mike Thomas