RE: 9i poll on spfile feature

From: Jacques Kilchoer <Jacques.Kilchoer_at_quest.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2004 11:31:46 -0700

I think what Mr. Goulet was trying to say is that 'without [an spfile] you can't modify system parameters [...] on the fly." -----Original Message-----
From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Mercadante, Thomas F

What do you mean you can't modify system params? I can modify any system
param on the fly. I just have to also to update the init.ora file.

Again, I'm not losing any functionality. And the number of times I modify
the init.ora params I can count on one hand every three months.

I also added a database shutdown trigger to issue an "alter database backup
controlfile to trace" in all my databases.