RE: 9i poll on spfile feature - CLOSED :)

From: Spears, Brian <BSpears_at_Limitedbrands.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2004 13:53:40 -0400

Thanks for the responses on the spfile vs Init. The responses were great. I hope everyone received some benefit from the responses- I know I did.

Thanks,
Brian

From: Mercadante, Thomas F [mailto:thomas.mercadante_at_labor.state.ny.us] Sent: Friday, September 24, 2004 1:40 PM To: Goulet, Dick; oracle-l_at_freelists.org Subject: RE: 9i poll on spfile feature

Dick,

Sure I can. I can alter any SGA param on the fly wether I have an = spfile or not. The "alter system" commands work just fine.

I think I'm missing your point.

Tom Mercadante
Oracle Certified Professional

From: Goulet, Dick [mailto:DGoulet_at_vicr.com]=3D20 Sent: Friday, September 24, 2004 1:11 PM To: BSpears_at_Limitedbrands.com; oracle-l_at_freelists.org Subject: RE: 9i poll on spfile feature

Well, I'll disagree with Rachel. True having an INIT file is not =3D3D currently broke, but without it you can't modify system parameters, like = =3D =3D3D shared_pool_size on the fly. So yes I have migrated to them, of = course =3D =3D3D I'va also added "create pfile=3D3D3D<name> from spfile" to my = shutdown =3D3D =3D script, along with "alter database backup controlfile to = trace".

Save that there bacon, it's mine!!

Dick Goulet
Senior Oracle DBA
Oracle Certified 8i DBA