RE: 9i poll on spfile feature

From: Mercadante, Thomas F <thomas.mercadante_at_labor.state.ny.us>
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2004 13:20:32 -0400

Dick,

What do you mean you can't modify system params? I can modify any system param on the fly. I just have to also to update the init.ora file.

Again, I'm not losing any functionality. And the number of times I modify the init.ora params I can count on one hand every three months.

I also added a database shutdown trigger to issue an "alter database backup controlfile to trace" in all my databases.

Tom Mercadante
Oracle Certified Professional

From: Spears, Brian [mailto:BSpears_at_Limitedbrands.com] Sent: Friday, September 24, 2004 11:17 AM To: oracle-l_at_freelists.org
Subject: 9i poll on spfile feature

 Just wanted to see what people have resorted to using in real world practice with the spfile.

 With 9i, are you still using the init file or have you migrated to = using the spfile ?

If still using the Init file.. What is the main reason for continuing to using the init file.

Brian

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Fri Sep 24 2004 - 12:16:06 CDT