RE: 9i poll on spfile feature

From: David Sharples <dsharples_at_cerebrussolutions.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2004 16:55:03 +0100

Yes, alter system set xxx =3D yyy scope =3D spfile|both|memory

Spfile will edit the spfile, both will do spfile and in memory. Memory will do just memory - note some parameters you cannot do both or memory

From: Spears, Brian [mailto:BSpears_at_Limitedbrands.com] Sent: Friday, September 24, 2004 9:17 AM To: oracle-l_at_freelists.org
Subject: 9i poll on spfile feature

 Just wanted to see what people have resorted to using in real world practice with the spfile.

 With 9i, are you still using the init file or have you migrated to using
the spfile ?

If still using the Init file.. What is the main reason for continuing to using the init file.

Brian

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Fri Sep 24 2004 - 10:49:19 CDT