RE: Effect of adding more CPUs

From: Goulet, Dick <DGoulet_at_vicr.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2004 17:13:00 -0400

Dennis,

        If your CPU is pegged & the io subsystem (check %WIO in SAR) is not a = big problem, then you may benefit from more CPU's. But don't forget to = weigh that against the increase in cost for Oracle. Assuming Enterprise = edition: 2 CPU's =3D $80K, 4 cpu's =3D $160K. OUCH, damn I hate that!!

Dick Goulet
Senior Oracle DBA
Oracle Certified 8i DBA