Re: DB Links

From: Yechiel Adar <adar76_at_inter.net.il>
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2004 19:58:05 +0200

> I strongly dislike hints and I use them only when necessary.

I agree with you and I would love to have help on this one.

The user does something like:
select a,b,c
from v1,v2
where v1.mydate between (one whole year) and

           v1.branch = v2.branch and
           v2.branch in (select * from v2 where owner = 'JIM')

v1 is view with select * from table1_at_db1 and v2 is view with select * from table2_at_db2.

Did I mentioned that the user connects to db3?

The suprise part it that in 8.16 and 8.17 it take less then a second while in 9.2.0.5 without hint it takes 3.5 minutes. With the driving_site hint it goes back to less them 1 second.

BTW there are three records where owner = JIM.

Yechiel Adar
Mehish