Re: DB Links

From: Yechiel Adar <adar76_at_inter.net.il>
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2004 15:07:57 +0200

Hello Kevin

I just spent a week + with a tar on exactly this problem. We upgraded a database from oracle 8.16 to 9.2.0.5. We had one query where the user joined data from 2 other databases. The run time jumped from 0.1 seconds to 3.5 minutes. I checked and found that Oracle did FTS on one remote database and then joined it to the three records fetched from the other remote database.

I finally used hint driving_site to execute the query on the remote database and the time dropped back to 0.1 seconds.

Yechiel Adar
Mehish