Oracle Flash Recovery 10G and current Centralized RMAN backups to tape

From: <Paula_Stankus_at_doh.state.fl.us>
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2004 17:41:06 -0400

Guys,

I have worked hard to setup a centralized RMAN catalog to make backups/recovery and d/r easier to handle. Now along comes 10G with flash recovery whereby you create a database and separate I/O on the same server (disk) and it automatically does a full database backup then incremental backups periodically. =20

So... Has anyone considered how to use this and also use RMAN centralized backup catalog going to tape???? Can I???? I think that this would handle recoveries for only a period of time (constrained by space on disk) and only provide a certain level of redundancy (as we have it on the same host - different disk but same host) so I want to have the cloned tapes and this available as well. However, do I really wish to administer this as well as my tried and true centralized RMAN catalog and kshell scripts?

Any advice/opinions?

Thanks,
Paula