RE: My 10 Commandments of Database Administration...

From: Spears, Brian <BSpears_at_Limitedbrands.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2004 17:40:12 -0400

 A fellow just asked me about a huge corporation solution for backup..lots of pros a cons..but I told him the cenario to watch out for was... When the backup fails... And all the recoverer has to say is..... Well I press the "Gui button" and it doesn't work - or a get java script error!! I guess we are in deep do do. I don't want to be tell some CEO that... I was know of a place where I saw that cenario just about happen... Lots of panic quite a while. An actually I know of a billion dollar company that outsourced the backups... And needed to restore... And it one day- went back to paper... .its a great story- my Uncle was the VP. Great outsourcing story :)

Brian