RE: Online Redo Log During a Hot Backup

From: Spears, Brian <BSpears_at_Limitedbrands.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2004 16:28:48 -0400

Basically not a problem.

Hotbackup is independent of the redo logs being archived. * Of course make sure you have archiving functioning properly

Note: Manually switch all the logs before and after the hotbackup so you have clean cut off points.

The archivelogs that were produced during the backup should be considered as part of the backup as they would be required for recovery with that backup.

You should really understand the fundamentals of hotbackup and archiving before designing a recovery solution (My safety suggestion).

There are many hotbackup explanations on many oracle user sites now.

Brian