RE: Unable to recover datafile - urgent

From: Mercadante, Thomas F <thomas.mercadante_at_labor.state.ny.us>
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2004 13:44:18 -0400

Manjula,

You are stuck. Schedule down time to export all of the tables from the tablespace that this file is attached to.

Then issue a 'drop tablespace including contents' command. Recreate the tablespace and import the data you exported.

You might be able to salvage some of the data from the POLINE table. Try querying the table. The records that are displayed you can save. The rest are gone.

Good Luck!

Tom Mercadante
Oracle Certified Professional