Re: X86 or Itanium???

From: Mladen Gogala <gogala_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2004 21:58:11 +0000

On 09/21/2004 04:47:30 PM, Paula_Stankus_at_doh.state.fl.us wrote:
> Guys,

>=20

> Oracle 10G is provided for Linux on X86 or Itanium platforms but what I
> have is RedHat Linux Standard Edition on
> 32 bit Xeon processors - so which would could I use - if any????

Forget about Itanic. Itanic is Intel's latest and the greatest failure. It's an excellent chip, used only by HP and horribly expensive. AMD's 64 bit chip is kicking Intel's a....rithmetic registers. Your Xeons are qui= te
regular 32 bit chips, so you should use normal Red Riding Hood Linux for 32 bit intel x86 architectures.
--=20
Mladen Gogala
Oracle DBA