Re: Move LOB index to a diff.tbs

From: Jamie Kinney <OracleDude_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2004 11:54:15 -0700

I'm fairly sure that you can't specify the lob locator index tablespace name, even though Oracle will accept the syntax. The lob locator indexes go wherever the lob goes. You can, however, specify different buffer pools for the table/lob segment/lob index. See my example below.

-Jamie

create table lob_test
( ID number,
  COLLECTION_DATE date,
  DATA clob
)
storage (buffer_pool recycle)
tablespace data
lob (data) store as

	(enable storage in row
	 chunk 8192
	 pctversion 0
	 nocache
	 tablespace lobs
	 storage (buffer_pool recycle)
	 index (tablespace lob_indexes storage (buffer_pool recycle))
	)

;

select index_name, buffer_pool, tablespace_name from user_indexes
where table_name = 'LOB_TEST';

INDEX_NAME                     BUFFER_ TABLESPACE_NAME
SYS_IL0000054437C00003$$       RECYCLE LOBS

alter table lob_test move tablespace RMAN lob (data) store as
( tablespace lob_indexes
  index (tablespace lobs));

select index_name, buffer_pool, tablespace_name from user_indexes
where table_name = 'LOB_TEST'; 2 3

INDEX_NAME                     BUFFER_ TABLESPACE_NAME
SYS_IL0000054440C00003$$       RECYCLE LOB_INDEXES