Re: OS Paging/performance question

From: Jared Still <jkstill_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2004 09:11:41 -0700

If you are using statspack, you may want to check there for PGA memory usage. The query below will show how much memory is being used at any one time.

Also, what is the total memory utilization on the machine?

You can check this with perfmon or tsk manager.

Jared

select

   sum(stat.value) valuesum
from v$sesstat stat, v$statname name
where

   stat.statistic# = name.statistic#
   and name.name = 'session pga memory'
/

On Tue, 21 Sep 2004 09:04:34 -0600, Justin Cave <justin_at_askddbc.com> wrote:
> Are you measuring "memory allocated" based on the SGA alone? Or are you
> adding in all the PGA's as well? Batch processing implies DSS, which means
> that your SGA's may end up being larger than your PGA's. Do you have a
> PGA_AGGREGATE_TARGET defined?
>
> Justin Cave <jcave_at_ddbcinc.com>
> Distributed Database Consulting, Inc.
> http://www.ddbcinc.com/askDDBC