RE: Off topic - Mysql

From: Weaver, Walt <wweaver_at_rightnow.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2004 08:05:54 -0600

Dick,

Try the General Discussion list at http://lists.mysql.com/. This morning (Monday, I don't work weekends unless I'm dragged in kicking and screaming) there were 46 messages in my MySQL folder, as opposed to 40 in my Oracle-l folder.

I have used Postgres extensively and prefer it to MySQL too. But, MySQL works well for us and, feature-wise, is catching up to Postgres.

That's all I'm going to say. I'm not a MySQL apologist and quite frankly could care less which database is "better".

Now, if you want to debate fly-fishing vs. bait-fishing, I'll talk all day. :>)

--Walt