Re: DROP LMT TBS internals.

From: <Graeme.Farmer_at_mincom.com>
Date: Sun, 19 Sep 2004 20:40:26 +1000

Syed,
The dropping of the tablespace itself (be it Locally Managed or Dictionary Managed extents) should be very quick. What will slow down a drop tablespace (cascade) is the dropping of all segments contained within the tablespace.

Regards

Graeme

SJHussain_at_alfransi.com.sa
19/09/2004 05:20 PM
Please respond to
SJHussain_at_alfransi.com.sa

oracle-l_at_freelists.org
cc

Subject
DROP LMT TBS internals.

Hello List,

If I am dropping a LMT Tablespace and it takes a long time, how can I know that the process is running, not hanged. Can anyone let me know what are the internal functionality of drop tablespace. I know that we can check fet$ for DMT TBS, how about LMT TBS?

Best Regards,

Syed Jaffar Hussain

Visit us on www.alfransi.com.sa
====== Banque Saudi Fransi - Privacy Notice ====== This message is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any use of this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you have received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from your computer. Any opinions and other information contained in this message that do not relate to the official business of Banque Saudi Fransi shall be understood as neither given or endorsed by it. Although precautions have been taken to ensure no viruses are present in this email, BSF cannot accept responsibility for any loss or damage arising from the use of this email or attachments.
====== Banque Saudi Fransi - Privacy Notice ======

This transmission is for the intended addressee only and is confidential information. If you have received this transmission in error, please notify the sender and delete the transmission. The contents of this e-mail are the opinion of the writer only and are not endorsed by the Mincom Group of companies unless expressly stated otherwise.

--

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Sun Sep 19 2004 - 05:36:07 CDT