Re: Undo Tablespace question

From: Paul Drake <bdbafh_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2004 16:41:30 -0400

2 things:

  1. what patchset are you on? (gratuitous plug for Alert #68 patchsets, e.g. 9.2.0.5.3)
  2. data loads - you may find that a lrage number of undo segments are brought online - and not released in the amount of time that you would expect, even with undo_retention set to 300 seconds. Check for posts by Dan Fink and Kirti Deshpande covering such issues. I believe that they both have papers up on the RMOUG site.

hth.

Paul