RE: Totally bizarre........

From: Mark W. Farnham <mwf_at_rsiz.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2004 15:51:01 -0400

So it appears that it is being repeatedly executed, but that the session(s) executing it are gone each time you run the query. Since it is a preparsed 1 row query, it sure could execute a number of times very quickly and your chances of a specific sid being tied to it are slim. Set time on and get an idea of the number of increments per unit time. It seems like this might be a very tiny bit of a multi-query functional bit of an application.

Possibly run strings on the binaries or search for a reasonable bit in source$.

The only good news here is that it doesn't seem to take up much resource per execution. Looks like it's very quick and does 3 buffer gets per execution.

mwf

From: Bobak, Mark
To: Freeman Robert - IL; oracle-l_at_freelists.org Sent: 9/17/2004 2:09 PM
Subject: RE: Totally bizarre........

No.....repeated executions just moments apart shows that executions CONTINUES to increase, as does buffer_gets.... It's increasing right now, in front of my face, even though I can't associate it w/ any session......