RE: Totally bizarre........

From: Ron Rogers <RROGERS_at_galottery.org>
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2004 15:41:46 -0400

Robert,
 I agree with what you say about the SQL area but the query is currently running.
The executations and buffer gets are increasing with each query. Could it be that the query was a "gather info from hell and report to me" type of
query and the user session died, was killed, etc. Would not the query continue
to function internally until it had to get info or pass info and at that time it would
realize the connection died and be cleaned up bu SMON? Ron
>>> Freeman Robert - IL <FREEMANR_at_tusc.com> 09/17/2004 3:03:37 PM >>>
This query simply implies that it was not being executed by a session when
the query was being run. There is a great deal of history in the SQL Area...
this query might have run an hour ago or five hours ago.

RF