RE: Blocking Lock

From: Hamid Alavi <hamid.alavi_at_quovadx.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2004 11:30:40 -0600

Here is the v$lock, right now we have a blocking lock on the same table for Insert:

SQL> select * from v$lock where sid=282;

ADDR KADDR SID TY ID1 ID2 LMODE REQUEST

     CTIME BLOCK

01B5B340 01B5B40C 282 TX 1703961 2763 6 0

      8725 1

B1E1D830 B1E1D844 282 TM 19652 0 3 0

      8725 0

B1E1D038 B1E1D04C 282 TM 19451 0 3 0

      8725 0

ADDR KADDR SID TY ID1 ID2 LMODE REQUEST

     CTIME BLOCK

B1E1CE58 B1E1CE6C 282 TM 19446 0 3 0

      8725 0

B1E1CC78 B1E1CC8C 282 TM 19442 0 3 0

      8725 0

B1E1C5E8 B1E1C5FC 282 TM 19443 0 3 0

      8725 0

ADDR KADDR SID TY ID1 ID2 LMODE REQUEST

     CTIME BLOCK

B1E1BD00 B1E1BD14 282 TM 40451 0 3 0

      8725 0

B1E19C30 B1E19C44 282 TM 19656 0 3 0

      8725 0

B1E17458 B1E1746C 282 TM 19794 0 3 0

      8725 0

ADDR KADDR SID TY ID1 ID2 LMODE REQUEST

     CTIME BLOCK

B1E17200 B1E17214 282 TM 19655 0 3 0

      8725 0

B1E17110 B1E17124 282 TM 19777 0 3 0

      8725 0

B1E16FA8 B1E16FBC 282 TM 19697 0 3 0       8725 0

ADDR KADDR SID TY ID1 ID2 LMODE REQUEST

     CTIME BLOCK

B1E16C60 B1E16C74 282 TM 19449 0 3 0

      8725 0

13 rows selected.

SQL> select * from v$session_wait where sid=282;

       SID SEQ#

EVENT

P1TEXT                                                                   P1

---------------------------------------------------------------- ----------

P1RAW P2TEXT

        P2 P2RAW

P3TEXT                                                                   P3

---------------------------------------------------------------- ----------
P3RAW WAIT_TIME SECONDS_IN_WAIT STATE
-------- ---------- --------------- -------------------
282 32391 SID SEQ#

EVENT

P1TEXT                                                                   P1

---------------------------------------------------------------- ----------

P1RAW P2TEXT

        P2 P2RAW

P3TEXT                                                                   P3

---------------------------------------------------------------- ----------
P3RAW WAIT_TIME SECONDS_IN_WAIT STATE
-------- ---------- --------------- -------------------

SQL*Net message from client

       SID SEQ#

EVENT

P1TEXT                                                                   P1

---------------------------------------------------------------- ----------

P1RAW P2TEXT

        P2 P2RAW

P3TEXT                                                                   P3

---------------------------------------------------------------- ----------
P3RAW WAIT_TIME SECONDS_IN_WAIT STATE
-------- ---------- --------------- -------------------
driver id 675562835 SID SEQ#

EVENT

P1TEXT                                                                   P1

---------------------------------------------------------------- ----------

P1RAW P2TEXT

        P2 P2RAW

P3TEXT                                                                   P3

---------------------------------------------------------------- ----------
P3RAW WAIT_TIME SECONDS_IN_WAIT STATE
-------- ---------- --------------- -------------------

28444553 #bytes

       SID SEQ#

EVENT

P1TEXT                                                                   P1

---------------------------------------------------------------- ----------

P1RAW P2TEXT

        P2 P2RAW

P3TEXT                                                                   P3

---------------------------------------------------------------- ----------
P3RAW WAIT_TIME SECONDS_IN_WAIT STATE
-------- ---------- --------------- -------------------
1 00000001 SID SEQ#

EVENT

P1TEXT                                                                   P1

---------------------------------------------------------------- ----------

P1RAW P2TEXT

        P2 P2RAW

P3TEXT                                                                   P3

---------------------------------------------------------------- ----------
P3RAW WAIT_TIME SECONDS_IN_WAIT STATE
-------- ---------- --------------- -------------------
0 SID SEQ#

EVENT

P1TEXT                                                                   P1

---------------------------------------------------------------- ----------

P1RAW P2TEXT

        P2 P2RAW

P3TEXT                                                                   P3

---------------------------------------------------------------- ----------
P3RAW WAIT_TIME SECONDS_IN_WAIT STATE
00 -1 8804 WAITED SHORT TIME SID SEQ#

EVENT

P1TEXT                                                                   P1

P1RAW P2TEXT

        P2 P2RAW

P3TEXT                                                                   P3