Is there an Event for Capturing Oracle Errors in a Trace File?

From: Andrew V Zitelli <zitelli_at_raytheon.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2004 18:51:49 -0700

Is there an Oracle event that can be set, to capture the details of the database session's errors in a trace file ? Use of Oracle event 10046 provides only a simple indication that an error was raised, but does not provide details. For example:

     EXEC
#1:c=10000,e=10498,p=0,cr=10,cu=9,mis=0,r=0,dep=0,og=4,tim=1526794508053

     ERROR #1:err=1 tim=156343757

I would like to capture the error number (e.g. ORA-12345) and pertinent text if possible. I do not require the entire error stack, simply the error as returned to a client application. Can anyone point me to details on an event like this? I am using Oracle 9.2 and 10.1 under Solaris.

Kind regards,

Andy Zitelli,
Raytheon, Fullerton, CA