RE: dbms_pipe

From: M Rafiq <rafiq9857_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2004 15:32:36 -0400

This is a bug while upgrading from 8i to 9i DBA role is missing this privilege.
Work around
grant select any dictionary to dba;

Regards
Rafiq

From: "David Boyd" <davidb1588_at_hotmail.com> Reply-To: davidb1588_at_hotmail.com
To: Bruce.Reardon_at_comalco.riotinto.com.au, oracle-l_at_freelists.org Subject: RE: dbms_pipe
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2004 10:47:44 -0400

Hi Bruce,

Thanks for your response.

The upgrade was not done by export. All of system privileges granted to the account are preserved. Our prod is still in 8i. I compared the system privileges granted the account in 8i and 9i. There is no difference except the 'select any dictionary' in 9i. No row was returned when I did select * from dba_tab_privs where grantee='account_owner' in 8i.

David

Express yourself instantly with MSN Messenger! Download today - it's FREE! hthttp://messenger.msn.click-url.com/go/onm00200471ave/direct/01/