RE: Solution to 100's of Oracle clients installed with Net8andlocal tnsnames.ora, sqlnet.ora

From: Yerong He <yhe_at_challenger.com.au>
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2004 09:38:26 +1000

After some pain, we recently have managed to make the directory naming working with Microsoft AD (windows 2k) after opening a TAR. Some notes:
1. Use 10G client to create Oracle schema and Oracle context in AD.After the schema
and the context 've been created , you can use 9i client and don't need 10G any more .

2. If your AD login domain is a child domain , then you need to manually create the ldap.ora file, because netmgr can't create this file correctly.

in ldap.ora file , you must have these specified: DIRECTORY_SERVER_TYPE = AD
DEFAULT_ADMIN_CONTEXT="DC=your_company, DC=...." DIRECTORY_SERVERS=your_root_domain_server_hostname:your_port_no

3. And also make sure the security user setup is correct in the AD side for you to create entry in the directory.

The pain we have is mainly due to our child domain config.

regards/Yerong