RE: Finding installed patches (I was wrong)

From: David Wagoner <dwagoner_at_arsenaldigital.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2004 15:42:39 -0400

I just installed opatch on a solaris machine today. Here is a snippet from MetaLink regarding opatch that tells how to get it:
---

The Interim Patch Installer
The Interim Patch Installer, OPatch, is an Oracle supplied utility to assist with the process of applying interim patches to Oracle's database software. It can only be used with Data Server Interim patches for Oracle9i Release 2 (version 9.2) or greater.

OPatch currently supports Data Server Interim patches for Unix and Windows platforms only. Data Server Interim patches for the IBM OS/390 platform will not use the Interim Patch Installer in Oracle9i Release 2. In this case, you must still manually apply the Interim patch.

OPatch supports:

Applying an interim patch
Rolling back the application of an interim patch Conflict resolution when applying an interim patch after previous interim patches have been applied
Reporting on installed products and Interim (One-Off) patch Patches for Oracle9i Release 2 Data Server Interim patches include Opatch with the interim patch. Patches for Oracle 9i Release 2 Patchset 1 (and beyond) do not include OPatch. Currently, OPatch can be downloaded from MetaLink (http://metalink.oracle.com) as patch 2617419. Even if you have already installed OPatch on your system, before applying any patches, check if newer versions of OPatch are available (as of July 2004 use the 10g version).
---

Best regards,

David B. Wagoner
Database Administrator