How to use event 10390?

From: Janine A Sisk <janine_at_furfly.net>
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2004 15:06:22 -0400

Hi again,

As I mentioned in one of my last posts, the tkprof output from my query with parallel query processing turned on shows much less going on than the one with it turned off. Even though the execution time is a bit shorter with it turned off, I still wanted to go back and make sure that the query is not plowing through more rows with paralellism turned off.

I read that the reason for my skimpy tkprof output is that I was only profiling the parent process and that to see statistics from the slaves I needed to use event 10390. I thought that would be easy to do, basically the same process as event 10046, but it hasn't turned out that way. I don't get a new trace file, and running tkprof on the latest trace file shows no sign of my query. In fact, it appears that nothing is getting written to the trace file at all. So how/where do I get these slave statistics from? I have tried setting both events but one seems to override the other.

thanks,

janine