RE: dbms_pipe

From: Reardon, Bruce (CALBBAY) <Bruce.Reardon_at_comalco.riotinto.com.au>
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2004 08:40:25 +1000

Hi David,
How did you upgrade?
Did you use an export by chance (which would exclude sys grants)? Privileges granted through a role (eg DBA execute any proc) don't work = in stored code but do from SQL / anonymous PL SQL so, that (I believe) is why you can execute from anonymous code but not = from a stored procedure.

In your test system, try logging on as sysdba and granting execute on = sys.dbms_pipe to account_owner.

IF that works, keep a separate script(s) of all the sys grants - these = would need to be rerun if rebuilding from an export

Do you still have a version of your 8174 database available? You could see if this had been done by using  select * from dba_tab_privs where grantee=3D'account_owner' OR
select * from dba_tab_privs where grantor =3D 'SYS' and grantee IN ( select username from dba_users)

HTH,
Bruce Reardon