problem with drop user

From: Joan Hsieh <joan.hsieh_at_tufts.edu>
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2004 09:43:34 -0400

Hi Listers,

We applied #68 patches on two servers so far, one is on oracle 9.2.0.5 without any problem. The other is on oracle 9.2.0.4 we had problem to drop the user. I did trace on drop user, it looks like looking xdb.$schema table which we didn't installed. This databases had installed ctxsys, mdsys those components at 8i, after we upgraded to 9i, I didn't upgraded those components since we don't use those features, hence a lot of objects belongs to thoes users are invalid. But we don't have any problem before the patches installed. Problem comes after patches installed. I opened a tar with oracle, so far no fixes.

Thanks,

Joan

SYS:ngdtest> drop user joan;
drop user joan
*
ERROR at line 1:

ORA-00604: error occurred at recursive SQL level 1
ORA-00942: table or view does not exist
ORA-06512: at line 10