Line size test

From: Cary Millsap <cary.millsap_at_hotsos.com>
Date: Sun, 12 Sep 2004 22:16:43 -0500

This is a test to determine whether we're gaining way against the line = size
problems that I've been experiencing in sends to this list. Sorry for = the
noise...

The "4W" part of the RAID 5 formula is actually true only for RAID 5 = groups
larger than 4 disks. On a 3-disk RAID 5 array, for example, both large writes and small writes will consume only 3W I/O calls (one for each = disk).
The complete formula is actually R + min(4,G)*W. Since most of you have = G>3,
the simplified formula that uses '4' as a constant yields the correct answer.