RE: segment fragmentation

From: Bobak, Mark <Mark.Bobak_at_il.proquest.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Sep 2004 02:15:10 -0400

Thanks for the correction on alter table move. Oracle 8, not 9i! I = don't
know what I was thinking.

As to statistics treatment, that's a good point too. I no longer have = any 8.0 databases to test with, but in my humble opinion, the 9i = behavior of=20
the deletion of statistics is the correct thing to do. Once the table = has=20
been rebuilt, the statistics are (likely to) vary significantly from = reality.

-Mark