Re: How to store 50 Terabytes per day?

From: K Gopalakrishnan <kaygopal_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Sep 2004 22:20:06 -0700 (PDT)

Ryan:

30K DML is very much achievable. Few weeks back, I was involved in a benchmark excercise for one of the telcos here and the result was 32k CDRs/seconds. (Each CDR-Call Data Record processing involves 3-4 DMLs). So your target is very much possible with minimal tuning.

We have used Pro*C and 9iR2 RAC on HP-UX Itanium.

> does anyone know what the largest database in the world that uses
> oracle is? I heard that CERN was going to use Oracle for a grid? Is
> this accurate? I Thought that was going to 10 Petabytes?
> what about the highest transaction? An oracle instructor said Amazon
> is using Oracle and I would assume that is pretty book.
> When we fully deploy we could be looking at 30,000 DML
> statements/minute during peak time plus 60,000 queries. I'm sure
> there are bigger ones than that... Not sure how you compare activity
> in an oltp though.

Have a nice day !!

Best Regards,
K Gopalakrishnan,