RAC: ext3/raw/OCFS/ASM

From: Casey Dyke <caseydyke_at_optusnet.com.au>
Date: Wed, 08 Sep 2004 07:20:53 +1000

Folks,

Rumour of an upcoming project wanting RAC on RH AS 3. Lots of questions for the unitiated (me), however, I'll keep this one limited to file systems and their inherit production readiness ...

As such, does anyone have opionions on production grade configs for a RAC deployment in terms of preferred file systems - in particular the latter two listed above. Ready for prime time? Stable? Just curious what those of you familiar with RAC in prod (even dev for that matter) are doing and any best practices you may follow (or worst practices you choose to avoid).

Many thx,

Casey