RE: Should you still tune queries by LIOs?

From: Jesse, Rich <Rich.Jesse_at_quadtechworld.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Sep 2004 12:01:59 -0500

Agreed. Using runtime as the target has caused us to get to the point where simple queries were no longer acceptable because all of the other queries/DML were taking up too much runtime en masse. While lowest conceivable runtime is certainly a goal, it alone does not address important things like scalability.

My $.02,
Rich

Rich Jesse                        System/Database Administrator
rich.jesse_at_quadtechworld.com      QuadTech, Sussex, WI USA