Re: Tablespaces 100%

From: Ron Rogers <RROGERS_at_galottery.org>
Date: Tue, 07 Sep 2004 09:58:36 -0400

Bryan,
You did not say if any of the tablespaces were READ-ONLY. It is wise space management
to have the READ-ONLY tablespace a close to 100% as possible as they will not be changing again.
Also If the tablespace as Local Managed Tablespace (LMT) with autoextent turned on the tablespace
should show 100% before extending.
I am sure that you have heard it before but "Disk is cheap" or maybe you are keeping to much data
online.
 Investigate the real reason for the 100% tablespace space usage. Has the database been around for
a while and the data storage need change? Has the application changed to increase the storage needs?
Ron

>>> "Wells, Bryan" <Bryan.Wells_at_sunmed.com> 09/06/2004 9:43:58 AM >>>
All -

Being new to dba, I was curious about my tablespaces reaching 100%. This is
a 9i warehouse environment utilizing partitioniing and transportable tablespaces. Would it be normal to see 100% utilizatin on the partitioned
tables? What about the others? I could add a datafile but my disk space is
shrinking. Probabluy because my tablespaces are growingn eh.

Any information, help would be greatly appreciated.

B the nubie
Bryan S Wells
Sunrise Medical
7477 East Dry Creek Parkway
Longmont, CO 80503
Work: 303.218.4380
Cell: 720.201.1772
Pager: 1060547_at_skytel.com
Email: bryan.wells_at_sunmed.com

NOTE: This message is confidential to Sunrise. If you are not the addressee, don't use or distribute this message; and please notify the
sender by return e-mail.