Partitioning

From: Freeman, Donald <dofreeman_at_state.pa.us>
Date: Tue, 7 Sep 2004 09:44:11 -0400

The system is Oracle 9.2.0.5 on Windows 2000. We want to partition some = of our tables for performance. The data is loaded on 7 disks striped = and mirrored. My question is can I just create partitions in the = original tablespace and benefit from partitioning or do the partitions = have to be in separate tablespaces? Is the parallelism enabled at the = logical level through multiple partitions in different tablespaces or = just physically through striping?

Don Freeman
Database Administrator 1
Pennsylvania Dept of Health
Bureau of Information Technology