Re: ADMIN: list changes

From: Mladen Gogala <gogala_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sun, 5 Sep 2004 20:26:58 -0400

On 09/05/2004 05:57:15 PM, Bob Metelsky wrote:

> I joined oracle-l. All mail and replies to should go to oracle-l (unless
> intentionally want to send to the individual )

That is what "reply all" button is here for. I prefer it this way, because, the way it used to be, it was hard to send a reply to an individual.

> Otherwise I must hit reply all then chop out the individuals address -
> as I, and Im sure *he* dosnt want to get double emails
> So, once I chop out his address the to: is now a CC: !!

Don't you have "reply all" button?

> The argument f being on hotmail or yahoo dosnt really work for the
> people who arent, in which case we get multiple email if you are
> participating in that thread.

Hey, the more the merrier. I don't have life, so receiving many emails make me feel popular. Second, if I've never had that problem. I fixed my oracle-l rule to catch emails based on "To"" header, and everything is fine. A rule like the following (procmail) should do the trick:

:0
*^(To|Cc|From):.*oracle-l
oracle-l

> The way is was originally worked fine (not that Im a major poster
> but... its in the name of functionality )

I have great news! I saved a lot of money on my car insurance by switching to GEICO.

--
Mladen Gogala
Oracle DBA