Database Theory books

From: <ryan_gaffuri_at_comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 03 Sep 2004 15:55:24 +0000

I'm looking for some theory books. I was looking at Dates Intro to DB systems. It looks like a basic college level survey book right? Does date have a more advanced book that is not a textbook? I have read a couple of other college DB textbooks. Preferably one focused on design.
What do you think of Fabian Pascal's stuff? Any other good theorists out there? Preferably one without extensive math.