RE: Consistent Null Handling

From: Mercadante, Thomas F <thomas.mercadante_at_labor.state.ny.us>
Date: Fri, 3 Sep 2004 09:29:15 -0400

Lex,

I remember this being a problem back in the Oracle 6 days. My recollection is that any function running against a column that contained a null would prevent the function from returning anything except null.

Can't prove it anymore, but it really doesn't matter. It works the way it works now.

Tom Mercadante
Oracle Certified Professional