RE: REPLICATION (816) of functions/procedure

From: Rachel Carmichael <wisernet100_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Sep 2004 05:34:25 -0700 (PDT)

May I make the point that having the script source in no way ensures that you have the code as it is in the database you are copying from?

There are way too many people who make "quick fixes" without updating source repositories. I've been known to do that myself, I freely admit.

I *always* take the source code from dba_source when I am replicating packages/procedures/functions. This may be a case of DBA paranoia but it takes no more time than pulling code from a source code repository and allows me to sleep through the night after a change. There are several good programs available (some free, some cost) that do that easily and quickly.

Rachel