Re: EVENT="123" Event="456" or Event="123: 456"

From: K Gopalakrishnan <kaygopal_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Sep 2004 22:14:37 -0700 (PDT)

Sinardy:

Answers inline:

> 1. To set multiple events in init.ora which method to use? (choose at
> least one, A, B, C)
>
> (A) adjecent format
>
> EVENT="12345 trace name context forever, level 10"
> EVENT="67890 trace name context forever, level 10"
>
> (B) EVENT="12345 trace name context forever, level 10: 67890
> trace name context forever, level 10"

Both are valid. The other option is to set them at session/system level using ALTER SESSION/SYSTEM command.

> 2. What are diferrences between using keyword "context forever" and
> "errorstack"

CONTEXT FOREVER is used in trace events, ERRORSTACK is used to dump the error stack during that error condition. There are 4 types of events namely immediate, trace,dump and change behavior events.

> 3. How many types of tracing (how Oracle group these tracing, I mean
> when to use errorstack and when to use context forever)?

4 Types of events. Check oraus.msg file some event numbers and brief definitions.

> 4. Can you recommend soft link or metalink note regarding this or
> perhaps I am over look the Oracle Doc?

Not aware of any soft links. If you have the Oracle Wait Interface book, you can look the Appendix A for detailed discussions on diagnostic events.

Have a nice day !!

Best Regards,
K Gopalakrishnan,
Co-Author: Oracle Wait Interface: Oracle Press 2004. http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/007222729X/

Do you Yahoo!?
Win 1 of 4,000 free domain names from Yahoo! Enter now. http://promotions.yahoo.com/goldrush
---
To unsubscribe - mailto:oracle-l-request_at_freelists.org&subject=unsubscribe
To read recent messages - http://freelists.org/archives/oracle-l/09-2004